KPMG ERP Pre-Implementation Assessment - July 2007
KPMG ERP Assessment
Released July 2007
Download the Full Report here
On April 11, 2007, the City of Atlanta (CoA) issued an emergency Request for Quote (RFQ) EA# C-591 to acquire an independent party to assess the critical factors that must be completed to meet the revised implementation date for Oracle.
This KPMG report provided the CoA senior leadership with an independent assessment of the essential factors for success and the barriers that must be eliminated if the revised implementation date is to be met.
Some of the observations made in the report are:
- Key Activity Percentage of Completion Documented in the Current Project Plan is Inaccurate
- Key Tasks are Not Being Completed by Planned Completion Dates
- There is No Standard Methodology for Defining Percentage of Completion
- Eagle Database Statuses Do Not Facilitate Timely Issue Resolution
- The Average Time to Resolve Critical Defects is Excessive
- Lack of Overall Ownership and Management of Issues and Defects
- Lack of Documented Relationship Between Business Processes, Business Requirements, and Testing Documents
- and more........