City Hall East Sale and Public Safety Facilities Construction - December 2009
City Hall Sale and Public Safety Facilities Construction
Released December 2009
Download the Full Report here
Download highlights here
We undertook this audit at the request of the chief financial officer, who expressed concern that the city lacked funding to complete construction of the public safety facilities. The City Council also expressed concern about changes in project scope and financing.
- The city will pay more than $138 million over 30 years in debt service and lease payments, while additional costs for housing other City Hall East operations are not yet known
- The construction manager’s responsibilities were too limited to effectively control costs.
- The city paid about $4.7 million in change orders for the headquarters without adequate documentation or
- Financial reports on project costs are incomplete
- Some payments circumvented city controls