Airport Development Program - June 2007
HJAIA Development Program
Released June 2007
Download the Full Report here
Download highlights here
We did this audit of the Hartsfield-Jackson Development Program because of its size, complexity and high public profile. Moreover, the city’s external financial auditor recommended that we devote more audit effort to the program, and City Council members expressed interest in an independent assessment of program operations.
- The airport and the city adequately manage the program’s funding risks protecting the city’s financial position
- The program will cost more and take longer to complete than initially presented in 1999
- Examples of airport decisions to expedite projects that have added costs.
- The Department of Aviation:
- authorized miscellaneous modifications for work that appears unrelated to contract scope;
- used miscellaneous modifications to specify brand names for equipment purchases without authorization from the Department of Procurement; and
- spent miscellaneous modification funds for unspecified work.