Duplicate Payments - April 2012
Continuous Audit - Duplicate Payments
Released April 2012
Download the Full Report here
We prepared this memorandum to communicate the initial results of our analysis of potential duplicate payments and the Department of Finance’s actions to date to resolve identified problems.
- 47 potential duplicate payments totaling $21,995 made over 16 months, from July 1, 2010, through October 14, 2011
- the Department of Finance has resolved $13,599 (62%) of the duplicate payments we identified by voiding un-cashed checks and seeking refunds or credits from vendors
- the Department of Finance determined that two of the payments totaling $65 were not duplicates
- the duplicates we identified had slight differences in vendor name, such as a leading space, an extra space between words, and different spellings or uses of punctuation
- multiple entries for the same vendor within the Oracle vendor table
- one duplicate payment totaling $66.00 for the period October 14, 2011 through February 24, 2012.