The Investigations Unit was established under the direction of the city's independent Audit Committee as a division of the City Auditor's Office to investigate and detect fraud, waste, and abuse in the city of Atlanta. Ordinance 19-O-1729 to create the Office of the Inspector General amended the city charter such that the City Auditor's Office no longer conducts investigations.
Below is a list of all publications released by the City Auditor's Office Investigations Unit, sorted from newest to oldest:
- Hiring and Payment of 2017-2018 Mayoral Transition Team - November 2019
- Review of City Bonuses and Contest Winnings - August 2018
- Allegations of Unfair Overtime Allocation in the Department of Aviation - June 2018
- Atlanta Fire Rescue Department: Use of City Resources for Personal Benefit - January 2018
- Allegation of Integrity Violations Involving an Office of Revenue Employee - February 2017