Airport Landing Fees and Billing Collection - July 2007
HJAIA Landing Fee Billing & Collections
Released July 2007
Download the Full Report here
Download highlights here
We did this audit of the airport’s landing fee billing and collections process because carriers self-report their landings and applicable fees with limited verification by the Department of Aviation.
This collection system may allow for inaccurate and incomplete reporting, which could reduce the department’s landing fee revenue collections.
- Over half of the non-signatory carrier landings for a two-month period were not invoiced, resulting in uncollected fees of about $98,700
- Failure to invoice the six signatory carriers appears to have resulted from ineffective communication between Aviation divisions and unclear billing relationships among carriers
- Aviation does not have adequate procedures to ensure timely billing and collections
- Aviation is investigating implementation of software to automate landing fee billings
- The airport’s landing fees are significantly lower than those of comparable airports