Public Safety Audits
The city of Atlanta has a high focus on public safety initiatives that aim at the prevention of and protection from events that could endanger the safety of the general public from significant danger, injury/harm, or damage, such as crimes or disasters.
The City Auditor's Office has examined and reported on various operations that affect the ability of the city to deliver effective and efficient safety to the general public.
In this section you will find copies of the reports for work completed on the Atlanta Police Department, The Department of Corrections and the Atlanta Fire Department.
Below is a list of all reports within the Public Safety category. Click here to see all audit reports.
- Atlanta Police Department Grants - August 2013
- E911 Communications Center - April 2013
- Atlanta Fire Rescue Staffing - October 2011
- Municipal Court Operations - March 2011
- Detention Center Proposal Review - April 2010
- Patrol Officer Availability During Furlough - January 2010
- Patrol Officer Availability - April 2009
- Department of Corrections - March 2009
- Traffic Tickets - December 2008
- Police Staffing - July 2008
- Police CAD Data Reliability - April 2008
- Revenue Management in the Traffic and Municipal Courts September - 2004
- APD Cash Handling Procedures - May 2002